It is an important concept for networking. The server is a system that shares the resources on the network for the client system. When a client links to the server its checks the security rule and gives permission to the client. Clients request services such as file the server delivers storage and printing. The organization who want to store the data centrally and then access from different location use server system.
Advantages of Server Based Networks
The server-based network has a great many advantages, including:
- Storage central security
- Central file storage, which allows all users to work from the same set of data and provides easy backup.
- Ability to share expenses equipment such as laser printers.
- Easy manageability of a large number of users.
- A central organization, which keep data from getting lost among computers.
Disadvantages of Server Based Networks
The server-based network does have some disadvantages, including:
- Expensive dedicated hardware.
- Expensive network operating system.
- A dedicated network administrator required.