The peer-to-peer network is a network that is established without a dedicated server. All the computers on the network may be server and may be client some time. All the computer work independently and the directory information such that user and password information separately store on each computer.
Advantages of Peer Networks
- Peer computers have many advantages especially for small businesses that cannot afford to invest expensive servers, hardware &. Software.
- Easy setup
- No network administrator required.
- The ability of users to control resources sharing.
Disadvantages of Peer-to-pee
- This system is not centralized, making administration difficult
- Lack of security
- No link in the network is reliable
Therefore, peer-to-peer networks are only useful for a small number of computers (generally about 10) and only suitable for applications that do not require a high level of security (it is not advisable in a business network containing sensitive data).