How to Set Auto Shutdown in Windows 10
Have you at any point met this circumstance: You are viewing a motion picture on your workstation during the evening and dozed all of a sudden and neglect to turn off your PC before rest? In this circumstance, your workstation stays on till your PC battery release or motion picture finish. This can harm your entire PC life not just battery. In any case, presently don’t stress today in this article we are going to share how to naturally close down your PC consequently at a particular time.
Fundamentally in this guide, you can get familiar with some stunning stunts by which you can plan your PC to close down at a particular time. There are numerous approaches to arrangement auto shutdown in Windows PC. We should investigate a portion of these strategies.
Table of Contents
- Method 1: Auto Shutdown Timer
- Method 2: Auto Shut Down By Task Scheduler
- Method 2: Creating A BAT File On Windows PC
Technique 1: Auto Shutdown Timer
Auto Shutdown Time is one of the least difficult strategies to close down your pc at a particular time with no outsider programming.
How about we perceive how it functions.
- First of all open CMD (Command Prompt): Click on the windows menu button, search for CMD and open it or press Windows key + R, type cmd and hit enter button to open it.
- Type the “shutdown.exe – s – f – t 1800″ or “shutdown.exe – s – t 1800” (without statements) press enter button and close the command prompt.
- That’s it now your PC will be shut down automatically after 1800 seconds (30 minutes).
Note: You can likewise keep running the above direction in any of the following: Windows Power Shell, Task Manager, Address Bar of File Explorer, Command Prompt and Address Toolbar.
You’ve done! Presently I reveal to you what is the careful significance and contrast between the two commands written above.
- exe – s – t 1800: Actually, This direction will close down your PC in 30 minutes.
- exe – s – f – t 1800: This command will force shut down your PC in 30 minutes that implies your pc will be closed down compellingly and all running applications will be shut without stalling out on “Would you like to power shut down”.
- Once you run this order shutdown.exe record will be consequently made and this executable program document executes various alternatives, for example, – s – f – t where – s utilized for calendar your framework, – t utilized for allotting a specific time and – fused to power close application with no notice.
- You can likewise set time for restart pc, just replace – s with – r to restart your pc after a given measure of time naturally. Moreover, different choices are –h for hibernating and -l for logoff.
- If you need to drop this clock, of course, open command prompt, type shutdown – an and hit enter button.
Technique 2: Auto Shut Down By Task Scheduler
When you are utilizing a computer and you may need to leave it for a few hours, however, you need to close down once you complete an assignment. Fortunately, we have the answer for you, In this circumstance, you can likewise set up auto shutdown in your windows PC with the assistance of Task Scheduler.
I realize this technique is a smidgen of progressively confused contrasted with the above strategy this strategy is extremely helpful in the event that you need to close down pc after complete certain undertakings.
- Open Run dialog by pressing Windows Key + R, type taskschd.msc and hit the enter button.
- Task Scheduler window will be open and discover the Create Basic Task alternative from the correct sheet.
- A New Create Basic Task Wizard popup will be open and here you have to enter to name and portrayal (Which is discretionary) and hit the next button.
- Choose the recurrent recurrence of the assignment as per your prerequisites and click on the Next button.
- Now set the date and time from which the undertaking will begin working and click straightaway.
- Select the main alternative Start a program is by default selected and click next button.
- Click the browser catch and pick a shutdown.exe file from the C:\Windows\System32 and click next. The Add contentions and Start in fields are discretionary.
- Finally, click on the finish button and here you can see the overview of complete settings. On the off chance that you disapprove of the selected option click on the back button to transform it.
- That’s it your pc will be automatically shut down at a selected time. You will likewise get a pop-up window with a message like you’re going to be marked out.
Technique 2: Creating A BAT File On Windows PC
- The initial step to open notepad by going to Start > All Programs > Accessories and select Notepad. You can likewise open it via the search notepad pad into the beginning menu and hit the enter button.
- Now copy below code and paste into a notepad file.
if %time%==00:00:00.00 goto :X
shutdown.exe/s/f/t 60/c “Great Bay!!!!!!”
- Change the third line “if %time%== type time of your choice. Type the time in a similar format s HH:MM:SS: MS and make a point to enter type in a 24hr format, not in 12hr format.
- Now go to File and choose Save as an option.
- Type any file name like schedule.bat and remember to choose all document alternative from a document type.
- Once done tap on the Save button to produce a clock record.
- Double click on this file and it will open a clear command prompt screen.
- Leave this clear order to command prompt open while you do your work.
- When the opportunity arrives around your PC should show a message for one moment and the framework will naturally close down.
In the event that you need to drop this procedure, basically open run discourse box by squeezing Windows Key + R and type shutdown – a. Again a clear command prompt window will show up, at that point vanish.
One CommentLeave a Reply
Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice even as you amend your website, how can i subscribe for a blog web site? The account aided me a acceptable deal. I were tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered brilliant transparent idea