How to Fix Wi-Fi Authentication Error on Android: Connecting with Wi-Fi is a basic element on a cell phone, and when you can’t do as such, it tends to be extremely baffling. A Wi-Fi authentication error can occur for any number of reasons. If you are experiencing difficulty getting your gadget to associate with a remote system, there are various things you can attempt to make a successful connection.
The authentication error happens when the “handshake” between a switch and a gadget comes up short. The following are a portion of the manners in which you can use to fix Wi-Fi the confirmation blunder on Android.
1. Restart your gadget
The main thing you should attempt if you are receiving the authentication blunder is to restart your gadget. More often than not this will tackle a ton of issues on your phone.
2. Turn airplane mode on and off
Another solid method to free the reason for authentication errors is to turn the airplane mode on your phone on and off.
Discover airplane mode in the connections settings. Tap it to turn it on and afterward again to turn it off.
3. Reset the network
- Open the Settings on the gadget and select Wi-Fi.
2. Pick the network you need to associate with. Find the setting to “Overlook the network.” This will delete information about the system on your phone.
3. Return to your Wi-Fi settings and select the same network once more. Enter the password and let it interface with the network.
4. Reset network settings
Almost every system issue can be fixed by resetting the system settings on your phone.
- Open the Settings and find “Reset network settings.”
2. Tap “Reset Settings,” and when asked, confirm the reset. All Wi-Fi, portable information, and Bluetooth settings will return to processing plant settings.
Any errors should resolve, and you would then be able to associate with the network.
5. Check most extreme gadgets supported
There may as of now be such a large number of gadgets previously associated with the system, which keeps you from interfacing. In the event that you approach the switch, you can open your switch’s settings and note the associated gadgets. Impair a couple of the gadgets and attempt to associate once more.
6. Restart the router
It may be the router that is having issues. Restart the router by turning it off for 30 seconds and afterward on once more. Attempt to associate your phone to the network again once the router is up.
7. Change from DHCP to static
The default IP address task on your gadget might be set to DHCP. Assuming this is the case, it could be causing the authentication error. Changing this to static could be an answer.
- On any Windows PC click the Start menu.
- Type cmd and open the command prompt.
- In the command prompt, type the order ipconfig/all and press Enter. You will see a ton of data, however, you just need to concentrate on the Default Gateway, the IPv4 address, and the DNS Servers.
4. Write down the values you see for the Gateway and DNS servers. You should ping the system to locate an accessible IP address on your network.
5. To ping the IP address, open PowerShell and type ping followed by the location you need to test beginning with the switch IP address and stirring your way up. This will resemble:
- If the framework shows a ping time, there’s now a gadget on the network with that IP address. But, if the response reads “Destination host unreachable,” it means the IP address is available, and you can use it to connect your device to Wi-Fi. Write down the value you find.
Input those values into your Android gadget by opening Settings and finding your Wi-Fi settings.
- Tap and hold the network you need to interface with.
- Select Advanced.
- Change the setting from DHCP to static.
4. Enter the information you find as follows:
• IP Address: the open IP address you found using the Ping command.
• Gateway: the Default Gateway IP address.
• DNS 1 and DNS 2: type the IP address of the DNS servers.
Leave some other fields in this structure set as the default, at that point tap Save.
8. Factory reset gadget
If none of these thoughts chip away at your phone, the final retreat is to reset your phone back to industrial facility settings. Find the processing plant data reset on your phone and scroll down to find the catch.
When you tap the catch, all the data, applications, and settings will be erased, dispensing with whatever is making the phone be not able to interface. This is an exceptional last advance, so you might need to back up your gadget before doing this.
Which of the above methods work to fix Wi-Fi authentication errors for you? If you are sharing your Wi-Fi network with your friends, you can easily do it with a QR code and not have to reveal your password. Alternatively, you may want to prevent the Wi-Fi from automatically turning on to save battery.
Please feel free to give your comment if you face any difficulty here.