How to Configure WAN Interfaces
By default, ports p2 and p3 are preconfigured. In the event that you need to design a WAN interface for both of these ports, you may need to evacuate the default configurations:
• Port p2 – Initially, the system interface for port p2 is designed as a powerful system interface named DHCP. On the off chance that you need to design either a static or other unique association other than DHCP (PPTP or PPPoE) on port p2, erase the default DHCP interface.
• Port p3 – Initially, port p3 is connected to port p1. The two interfaces are likewise designed as the executive’s ports in the LAN. To utilize port p3 for another association, erase the P1-P3 connect. Anyway, you may lose availability to the system from your regulatory PC.
After removing the default setups for ports p2 and p3, you can reconfigure them as WAN interfaces. For some other ports, simply start arranging the WAN interface. You can arrange the WAN interface with either static or dynamic IP address assignment.
Make certain to add the entryway to make the default course over the WAN interface, either when you include or alter a static system interface, or on the NETWORK > Routing page.
Remove the default configurations for port p2 and port p3
On the off chance that you need to utilize port p2 or p3, first evacuate their default designs.
1. If you need to use port p2:
a. Go to the NETWORK > IP Configuration page.
b. Delete the default DHCP interface from the Dynamic Interface Configuration section.
2. If you need to utilize port p3:
a. Go the NETWORK > Bridging page and delete the P1-P3 bridge.
b. Go the FIREWALL > Firewall Rules page. Delete the P1-P3-BRIDGE firewall rule.
Configure a WAN interface
To configure a WAN interface:
1. Go to the NETWORK > IP Configuration page.
2. If your WAN interface has a static IP address:
a. In the Static Interface Configuration section, click Add Static Network Interface.
b. Configure the static interface settings, including the gateway address.
c. Click Add.
3. If you have a dynamic connection, for example, PPTP or PPPoE:
a. In the Dynamic Interface Configuration segment, click Add Dynamic Network Interface.
b. Configure the dynamic interface settings.
c. Click Add.
4. At the top of the page, click on the warning message to execute the new network configuration.