WGS84 Vs NAD83
GIS Grinder, today going to compose on contrasts somewhere in the range of WGS84 and NAD83. Both the coordinate system very somehow or another, I have listed 10 differences. These minor differences are significant for any GIS expert to know.
1. WGS84 (World Geodetic System of 1984) uses WGS84 ellipsoid whereas NAD83 (North American 1983 Datum) utilizes the Geodetic Reference System (GRS80) ellipsoid.
2. WGS84 has a 0.21mm longer ellipsoid than NAD83.
3. WGS84 is used all over the world whereas NAD83 is mostly used in the USA and Canada.
4. WGS84 has blunder under 2cm from the focus of mass which is better than NAD83.
5. One other main difference between WGS84 and NAD83 points over the Northern American plate for NAD83 doesn’t change though WGS84 is characterized as normal of stations everywhere throughout the world.
6. Revised WGS84 has a deviation of 105 m to +85 by the utilization of new EGM96 geoid which contrasts from the first WGS84. NAD83 has not changed.
7. NAD83 has 250,000 points everywhere throughout the USA and Canada that incorporates 600 satellite Doppler stations. WGS84 doesn’t have any physical coordinates.
8. WGS84 is used by the U.S. Department of Defense whereas NAD83 by the number of government agencies.
- Different Parameters for WGS84 vs NAD83
Coordinate system Name Ellipsoid Semi-Major Axis Semi-Minor Axis Inverse of flattening
WGS84 WGS84 6378137 6356752.3142451793 298.25722356300003
NAD83 GRS80 6378137 6356752.3141403561 298.25722210100002
Difference in Value 0 0.00010482 0.000001462
Note: There is a small difference in parameters for Semi-Minor Axis and Inverse of flattening which might be negligible during the survey.
10. WGS84 vs NAD83 North America Map
For More Latest Articles Click on Below Link
One CommentLeave a Reply
This post post made me think. I will write something about this on my blog.