In this tutorial, you will learn about PHP Installation step by step. So without much to do, let’s get started.
In this tutorial, you will learn-
What is PHP?
• PHP is an acronym for “PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor”
• PHP is a widely-used, open source scripting language
• PHP scripts are executed on the server
• PHP is free to download and use
PHP is an amazing and popular language! It is strong enough to be on the center of the biggest blogging system on the web (WordPress)! It is deep enough to run large social networks! It is also easy enough to be a beginner's first server side language!
What Do I Need?
To begin the usage of PHP, you can:
• Find a web host with PHP and MySQL support
• Install a web server for your personal PC, after which installation PHP and MySQL
Use a Web Host With PHP Support
If your server has activated assist for PHP you do no longer need to do anything.
Just create a few .php files, place them in your web directory, and the server will automatically parse them for you.
You do not need to compile whatever or set up any extra tools.
Because PHP is free, most web hosts offer PHP support.
Set Up PHP on Your Own PC
However, in case your server does no longer support PHP, you have to:
• install a web server
• install PHP
• install a database, such as MySQL
The official PHP website (PHP.Net) has installation instructions for PHP: http://php.net/manual/en/install.php
This is about PHP Installation, and we hope you have learned something from this tutorial and share your opinion about this tutorial. What do you think about it, and if you think this tutorial will help some of your friends, do share it with them.